Come join us on FRIDAY, DECEMBER 8th for a fun holiday event with Serena & Lily at their darling Lido Marina Village Design Shop in Newport Beach, CA. More details below!
We’re teaming up with our fellow design friend, Lindye Galloway, to Co-Host a Wreath Making Workshop & Holiday Cheer with the ladies at Serena & Lily, and we’d love to have you join us! The event is complimentary, and will be the perfect time to do a little holiday mingling, shopping and crafting. Grab a friend or two and pop by!
**Kindly RSVP to reserve a spot…spaces are limited! RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
Can’t wait to see you there!
**UPDATE: this event has sold-out! Thank you to everyone who RSVP’ed!
share this post
MGD x COLOR | B & W
Here at MGD, we typically start most projects by honing in on distinct color palettes, finishes & materials. And like so many, we are often influenced by some of our favorite architectural and lifestyle inspo images found throughout Pinterest. Among the top of our favorite color stories is our tried and true black & white palette, which we use time and time again – in some capacity – throughout the majority of our projects.
Seeing as we are so inspired by color and how it is used throughout design, architecture, interiors and product development, we thought it would be fitting to start a series dedicated to all things color!
So, without further ado, introducing MGD x COLOR…our first series that we hope inspires and leads you to discover some new favorites of your own!
share this post
design intern – come join our team!
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
As our Design Studio grows, we are looking for a lovely Design Assitant Intern to come join our team. Learn more below…
Design Assistant Intern
Part-time, appx 8-12 hours/week **Unpaid and/or School Credit
Mindy Gayer Design Co. is looking to add to our team, as we grow with many new projects underway!
We are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic DESIGN ASSISTANT INTERN who is a self-starter with a strong design appreciation, interested in learning and contributing to this growing Design Firm as an intern for 3-6 months…
- Research & sourcing of new trade furniture, fabrics, lighting, tile, hardware, wallpaper, accessories, etc.
- Obtaining samples and visiting showrooms
- Running errands
- Ongoing organization and updating of resources and our sample library
- Customer & Vendor interfacing
- Knowledge of each project from behind-the-scenes, from beginning to end and everything in between – supporting our Design Team and Studio Manager
- Comfortable juggling multiple tasks, priorities and deadlines, and being involved with several projects at once. Some days are more chaotic than others, so we need someone with a cheerful outlook and willingness to bounce from project to project easily, and execute the constantly shifting tasks at hand
- Creating E-design boards with design selections (in Photoshop or Illustrator)
- Assist in overseeing Furniture deliveries, project installations and photo-shoot prep work
What we’re looking for:
- Interiors and details-focused person, with a strong design eye and high aesthetic taste level that matches our Firm aesthic
- Previous experience in design role, internship and/or a current design student
- Extremely computer-savvy
- Skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator and AutoCAD (AutoCAD not required, but a plus!)
- Positive attitude and friendly demeanor
- Incredible level of attention to detail and extremely organized
- Motivated self-starter, with professional attitude and go-getter approach
- Excellent communication skills & confidence to communicate your design ideas
- Team player, open-minded and happy to help
- Fast learner and adaptable
- Willingness to assist with errands, project returns, dropping off/picking up items & samples, etc. We need someone with a strong work ethic and always goes the extra mile!
- **Must have your own car, laptop & cell phone, and available to work from our Studio in Orange County, California.
**Please kindly note: this is NOT a paid role, but an opportunity to gain hands-on design experience working for a small, growing Design Firm. Looking for a 3-6 month commitment. There is a possibility of future employment opportunities at the completion of the internship.
If this sounds like a great fit AND you meet the requirements, please email your resume, portfolio and/or mood board showing your design aesthetic, and a little something about why you think you’d be perfect for the internship to: email@example.com
*Include in the subject line: YOUR NAME // DESIGN INTERN
Please also include any applicable links to your Instagram or Pinterest accounts, if they help to show more of your design aesthetic. We are looking for the perfect individual who seamlessly embodies a similar aesthetic to ours.
share this post
lido isle master bath // before + after
A Before + After series is one interior design admirers love to watch unfold, so here is the first of many to come. It’s a peek inside the spaces I’m asked to design and reimagine – and it’s one of my favorite things about being a designer; having the opportunity to transform spaces that demand both beauty and function. After all, the best environments have a bit of both, and it’s a delicate balance to achieve each flawlessly.
As my Client and I accessed their existing Master Bath pros + cons, we had a few goals in mind with the new design direction and material selections. The existing pony wall made the bathroom and shower feel much smaller than it needed to, and the actual showering space was fairly cramped. It also felt a little dark with the black flooring, and inconsistent with the design of the rest of the home, which we wanted to integrate more intentionally. Ultimately, we wanted to create a space that felt true to the style of the home and their personal style, with a lighter color palette merging elements of timeless meets modern, and all the while beautiful to live in everyday.
We redesigned the new shower to include a frameless glass enclosure from the shower dam upwards, allowing for a few additional inches of showering space, while opening up the overall look & feel of the bathroom itself.
Below are a few before shots of the space…
One of my favorite elements to incorporate in bathroom design is tiling floor-to-ceiling outside the shower enclosure area. We selected a non-traditional sized ceramic tile and tiled around the entirety of the space. We also removed the black flooring material, and replaced it with an oversized carrara hex to help lighten up the space and infuse that element of modern/timeless we were after.
Here’s a peek at the new vanity wall design, as well as a trip to the slab yard to select carrara slabs for the vanity countertop and shower dam…
Site visits mid-tile install, with our fab oversized shower niche sitting pretty as a new focal point…
After a few months of construction and lots of little decisions, our pretty new bathroom made its debut…
share this post