PART TIME: 30 Hours (4 days/week)
Mindy Gayer Design Co. is seeking to further build our talented team as we continue to grow with many projects underway! We are looking for a friendly, efficient, incredibly organized and thorough PROJECT COORDINATOR to assist with managing our very busy project load and every aspect of our projects from start to finish. The ideal applicant will be process-driven, and play an essential role in keeping all of our full-service design projects moving forward, on time, and on budget. The Project Coordinator will assist our Project Manager, and will be a liaison between our Design Team and Clients, communicating regularly with Clients and Trades, overseeing and managing the entire ordering process, while bringing to life each finish, fixture, material, furnishing and accessory selected by the Design Team through to Installation. This role will work directly with our Project Manager, assisting her with all tasks to create more efficiencies and increased workflow, overseeing multiple projects at a time from behind the scenes, from concept to installation. Previous industry experience is incredibly useful!
- Assist Project Manager in Overseeing day-to-day Operations of each Project from behind-the-scenes, from beginning to end and everything in between, with a thorough understanding of all product lead times with target delivery and install dates.
- Partake in Weekly Production Meetings with Team, and Update Project Manager’s Calendar with all Daily & Weekly Deadlines.
- Contribute to Developing Systems and Processes to Further Streamline WorkFlow and Project Operational Needs and Organization.
- Assist Project Manager with Budget Creation for New Projects, and Maintain Updated Spreadsheets for Duration of all Projects through to Installation, including Project Images, Descriptions, Links, Lead Times, Pricing, Notes and Color Coding for Clients and Design Team.
- Build and Maintain Relationships with Clients, Trades, Vendors and Showrooms, setting up Trade & Wholesale Accounts, Requesting Quotes and Lead Times, Finish Samples, Fabric Samples, Updating Resale License, Requesting W9s from Vendors, etc.
- Assist Project Manager with Requesting CFAs, Tracking of Fabric and Wallpaper Samples, and Approval of all CFAs per Designer Specification.
- Update Lighting, Tile and General Finish Schedules for Design Team, Client and Field Use for all Trades Involved, with Images, Specs, Dimensions, Quantities, Links and Pricing.
- Creation of Project Bins and Binders for each Client with all Required Project Documents, Tear Sheets, CFAs, Budgets, etc.. Request Duplicate Fabric and Wallpaper Swatches for all Room, Ensuring Project Binders are Current and Updated with all Tear Sheets and Swatches.
- Request Quarterly Updates from Outside Reps for Updated Fabric and Finish Samples.
- Oversee Daily Organization of Design Library, Keeping Fabrics, Finishes and Paint Swatches Filed Initiate of Scheduling Monthly Meetings with Outside Reps for New Fabric, Furniture and Lighting Lines.
- Assist Project Manager with Purchasing and Tracking of all Finishes, Fixtures, Furniture, Fabrics, Lighting, Hardware, etc. for Lifespan of each Project, Informing Design Team of Lead Times, Delays and Reselects Needed.
- Assist Project Manager with Managing all Client Payments, Returns, Receipt Reconciliation and Inventory per Project.
- Assist Project Manager with Creating detailed and trackable Customer & Vendor Accounting and Invoicing for each Project, with Digital Copies of all Orders, Receipts and Contracts on Dropbox.
- Assist Project Manager with Regular Daily Client Communication with all Project Updates, Quotes, Order Confirmations, Budgets, Returns, Issues, etc.
- Expedite and Tracking of all Orders for Lifespan of each Project.
- Assist Project Manager with Site Visits & Storage Unites to Meet Vendors, Trades and Freight/Delivery Teams for all Deliveries. Inspect and Inventory all Received Items accordingly.
- Assist Project Manager in Collaborating with Accounting Team, Billing Processes, Reconciling Receipts, and Maintain a High Level of Confidentiality.
- Ongoing Office Management – Inventory all Office Supplies, and Coordination Ordering of Approved Office Supplies, Showroom Furniture and Accessories, and Take Initiative with Keeping Office and Showroom Tidy Daily.
- Assist Project Manager with Coordinating Project Installations and Photo Shoots. Return all In-Store Items not used for Photo Shoot, and Reconcile all Return Receipts for Props vs. Client Kept Accessories.
- Highly Administrative, providing daily behind-the-scenes support to the Design Team and all projects.
- Must have 2-4+ years previous experience in Project Management/Administrative Role/Customer Service role in a Residential Interior Design Firm or Design Showroom.
- Must have an Associates/Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficient in Google Sheets & Google Docs, and extremely computer-savvy. Experience with designer-based Accounting Software Platform IVY is a plus!
- High level of attention to detail and extremely organized
- Excellent Communication skills – daily Vendor, Trade and Client Emails and Phone Calls are a significant part of the job.
- Exceptional follow-thru and proven ability to meet deadlines, advising team of ongoing tasks, quotes, orders, changes to orders/lead times and overall budgets.
- Self-motivated, proactive, self-starter, with the ability to be adaptable, multitask daily, managing shifting priorities and deadlines with a professional attitude and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Proactive problem solver and strategic thinker.
- Comfortable juggling multiple tasks, priorities and deadlines, and managing several projects at once. Some days are more chaotic than others, so we need someone with a cheerful outlook and willingness to bounce from project to project easily, and execute the constantly shifting tasks at hand.
- Positive and friendly demeanor, team player, highly flexible and happy to help.
- Maintain all Ongoing Tasks and Deadlines in Asana & IVY.
- Willingness to assist with errands, dropping off/picking up items & samples, keeping office tidy, etc. We need someone with a strong work ethic, who is always willing to go the extra mile!
- Great time management and stellar work ethic is a must!
- Must have your own car & cell phone, and available to work from our Design Studio during the hours of 9:00 am-5:30 pm / Mon-Fri.
*Please note: this is NOT a design position, however you will be exposed to the industry, the process and every project we take on. If you are a behind-the-scenes type person, and thrive on organization, office administration and are a self-starter, this is the job for you!
If this sounds like an ideal fit, please email your resume, compensation, availability, a bit about you & why you think you’d be a perfect fit for this role to our Project Manager, Hannah Brylski: email@example.com. Be sure to include your name and the role you are applying for in the subject line. We are seeking a long-term commitment for this role!
Please keep in mind that this is a part-time position, paid hourly, located in our Costa Mesa, CA Design Studio. Compensation will be dependent on level of experience. We are seeking a long-term commitment for this role.