Open Position: Social Media Intern
Social Media Intern
This is a part-time remote internship position where you will be responsible for assisting the marketing team with social media initiatives. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about interior design, well-versed in social media strategy and trends, and incredibly organized and task-driven. Our ideal candidate will be someone who seamlessly embodies a similar aesthetic to ours as an established design studio.
- Researching social media trends and applying findings to MGD content strategy
- Hashtags, video/audio trends, Instagram Story features, Pinterest SEO keywords, etc.
- Executing strategic engagement on a daily basis
- Replying to Instagram comments, engaging with industry accounts, proactive engagement through hashtags, etc.
- Assisting the Social Media Coordinator in the development and creation of video content
- Brainstorming new ideas for video posts and Reels
- Creating new content to be shared on video platforms (Reels, TikTok, Pinterest, etc.)
- Copywriting for social media initiativesPinterest descriptions, Instagram captions, etc.
- Uploading social media posts to our scheduling backend
- Curating and cropping images, adding relevant hashtags and location tags, etc.
- Supporting the social media coordinator in the planning of weekly social media content
- Implementing creative social media campaigns to engage the MGD audience
- Tracking key account analytics
- Engagement, account growth, reach, etc. to determine success and guide future strategies
- Be enrolled in a degree program to receive school credit for an internship.
- Preferred major in communication, journalism, or marketing.
- A well-rounded understanding of Instagram and Pinterest platforms and best practices.
- Experience in creating content for a brand, especially video content is a plus!
- Strong writing skills.
- A laptop and cell phone.
- Be able to work from home.
If this sounds like an ideal fit, please email your resume, a bit about you and why you think you’d be a perfect fit for this role to our Social Media Coordinator, Meagan McCormick ([email protected]). Be sure to include your name and the role you are applying for in the subject line.