Mindy Gayer Design Co. is seeking to further build our talented team as we continue to grow with many projects underway! We are looking for a friendly, experienced DESIGNER who has an established portfolio of work completed during time at a previous residential design firm. Design-savvy, incredibly organized, excels at managing multiple projects independently, client-focused, and a self-starter with a strong design aesthetic which aligns seamlessly with ours. A CAD-expert with topnotch technical skills, thorough industry knowledge, and an elevated eye for functional, creative design. This is a unique opportunity to design, develop and assist in overseeing full service remodel and interiors projects. This role will work directly with the Principal Lead Designer, while assisting in the overseeing of multiple projects, from concept to installation. Previous industry experience is a must!
- Produce Asbuilts, Custom Elevations, Architectural Detailing and Furniture Floor Plans in CAD
- Review, Oversee and Thoroughly Detail Construction Documents, Demo Plans, Floor Plans, RCP, Door & Window Schedules, Interior and Exterior Renderings, Millwork Plans, etc.
- Knowledge of Vendors to Source and Specify all Plumbing Fixtures and Appliances
- Develop and Update Lighting, Tile, Paint and General Finish Schedules for Field Use and Accurate
- Notes for all Trades Involved
- Development of Conceptual Designs, Furniture Space Planning and Design Boards
- Create Comprehensive E-Design Boards with all Design Inspiration, Furniture & Lighting Selections and Interior Elevations for Presentations (in Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator)
- Research & Sourcing of unique Trade Furniture, Fabrics, Lighting, Tile, Surfaces, Finishes, Materials,
- Color Palettes, Hardware, Wallpaper, Accessories, Window Coverings, Artwork, etc. that align perfectly with the MGD aesthetic
- Knowledge of High and Low Brands and Vendors
- Obtain Samples and Visit Design Showrooms
- Communicate Daily, Problem-Solve and Assist in Overseeing all aspects of each Project alongside Clients, Architects, Contractors and Subs
- Ongoing Organization and Updating of Samples and Resources in our Design Library
- Build and Maintain Relationships with Trades and Showrooms
- Knowledge of each Project from start to finish, and everything in between – you will be developing and managing multiple projects at a time on your own, while collaborating on the overall Design Vision, Selections and Materials with the Principal Lead Designer
- Skilled at juggling Multiple Tasks, Priorities and Deadlines, and being involved with several projects at once. Some days are more hectic than others, so we need a team player with a cheerful outlook and willingness to bounce from project to project easily, and execute the constantly shifting tasks on each and every project, while keeping the Principal Lead Designer and Project Manager aware of overall project timelines, updates to scheduling, deliverables, etc.
- Ability to thrive in a Collaborative, Open Design Studio environment, and able to take Creative Direction and Critique
- Run Design-Related Project Errands
- Oversee Project Installations, Styling and Photo Shoots
- Must be highly proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) and Google Docs/Sheets
- 2-4+ years of industry experience working at a Residential Interior Design Studio designing, managing and overseeing every aspect of high-end residential design projects from concept to installation
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Interiors and detail-focused with a strong design eye and highly curated aesthetic that matches our MGD look and design style
- Proven knowledge of the Interior Design & Construction process, from start to finish for high-end Residential Full-Service Remodels and/or New Build projects
- Incredible level of attention to detail and extremely organized
- Exceptional follow-thru and proven ability to meet deadlines and stay on budget
- Excellent communication skills & confidence to communicate your design ideas clearly to both the MGD Design Team and Clients, as well as to work well independently
- Self-motivated, proactive, self-starter, with the ability to be adaptable, multitask daily, managing shifting priorities and deadlinesMaintain all Ongoing Tasks and Deadlines in Asana
- Positive, warm and cheerful disposition
- Willingness to assist with errands, dropping off/picking up items & samples, keep office tidy, etc.
- We need someone with a strong work ethic, who is always willing to go the extra mile!
- Must have your own car & cell phone, and available to work from our Design Studio in Costa Mesa, California during the hours of 9:00 am-6:00 pm.
If this sounds like an ideal fit, please email your resume, portfolio, availability, compensation, and a bit about you & why you think you’d be a perfect fit for this role to our Principal Lead Designer, Mindy Gayer. Be sure to include your name and the role you are applying for in the subject line (applications without portfolio samples will not be reviewed). Please also include any applicable links to your Instagram or Pinterest accounts, if they help to show more of your design aesthetic. We are looking for somebody who seamlessly embodies a similar aesthetic to ours as an established Design Studio.