Open Position: Senior Designer
Mindy Gayer Design Co. is seeking to grow our talented team as many exciting projects are underway! We’re looking for a friendly, experienced Senior Designer who has an established portfolio of work at a residential design firm. We’re looking for someone who is a CAD-expert with topnotch technical skills, thorough industry knowledge, and an elevated eye for functional, creative design. This is a unique opportunity to independently design, develop and oversee multiple interiors projects, from concept to installation. This role will report to the Principal Lead Designer.
- Keep a knowledge of each project from start to finish — you will be developing, leading and managing multiple projects at a time on your own while collaborating with the overall design vision, selections, and materials with the Principal Lead Designer, Mindy Gayer
- Produce asbuilts, custom elevations, architectural detailing, and furniture floor plans in CAD
- Review, oversee, and thoroughly detail construction documents, demo plans, floor plans, RCP, door & window schedules, interior and exterior renderings, millwork plans, etc.
- Keep detailed knowledge of vendors to source and specify all plumbing fixtures and appliances
- Develop and update lighting, tile, paint, and general finish schedules for field use and keep accurate notes for all trades involved
- Develop conceptual designs, furniture space planning, and design boards
- Create comprehensive e-design boards with all design inspiration, furniture and lighting selections, and interior elevations for presentations (in Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator)
- Research and source unique trade furniture, fabrics, lighting, tile, surfaces, finishes, materials, color palettes, hardware, wallpaper, accessories, window coverings, artwork, etc — all which align perfectly with the MGD aesthetic
- Obtain a knowledge of high/low brands and vendors
- Obtain samples and visit design showrooms
- Communicate daily, problem solve, and oversee all aspects of each project with clients, architects, contractors, and subs
- Build and maintain relationships with trades and showrooms
- Oversee project installations, styling, and photo shoots
- Must be highly proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) and Google Docs/Sheets
- 5+ years of industry experience working at a residential interior design studio designing, managing, and overseeing every aspect of high-end residential design projects from conception to installation
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A strong interiors design eye and highly curated aesthetic that matches our MGD look and style
- Proven knowledge of the interior design and construction process, from start to finish for high-end residential full-service remodels and/or new build projects
- Self-motivated, proactive, self-starter, with the ability to be adaptable, multitask daily, managing shifting priorities and deadlines
- Incredible level of attention to detail and extremely organized
- Exceptional follow-through and proven ability to meet deadlines and stay on budget
- Excellent communication skills & confidence to communicate your design ideas clearly to both the MGD Design Team and Clients, as well as to work well independently
- Skilled at juggling multiple tasks, priorities and deadlines, and being involved with several projects at once. Some days are more hectic than others, so we need a team player with a cheerful outlook and willingness to bounce from project to project easily, and execute the constantly shifting tasks on each and every project, while keeping the Principal Lead Designer and Project Manager aware of overall project timelines, updates to scheduling, deliverables, etc.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, open design studio environment, and able to take creative direction and critique
- Positive, warm and cheerful disposition
- Must have your own car & cell phone, and available to work from our Design Studio in Costa Mesa, California during the hours of 9:00 am-6:00 pm.
If this sounds like an ideal fit, please email your resume, portfolio, availability, compensation, and a bit about you & why you think you’d be a perfect fit for this role to our Director of Operations, Evan at [email protected] and be sure to include your name and the role you are applying for in the subject line (applications without portfolio samples will not be reviewed). Please also include any applicable links to your Instagram or Pinterest accounts, if they help to show more of your design aesthetic. We are looking for somebody who seamlessly embodies a similar aesthetic to ours as an established Design Studio.